Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Check out Alfie's Recount

 As I woke up, I was incredibly excited. It was winter and it was the day that Dad predicted there would be snow on the Takaka Hill.


I had been waiting for this day for many a week and the time had finally came. It was very rare to see snow in Takaka, basically impossible, but on the Takaka Hill, very occasionally as it was much higher, it snowed.


I was very excited for many reasons but the biggest reason was that we always brought a chilly bin for keeping snow in so we could bring it home and make snow cones. This day only came once or twice a year so I was not going to take it for granted.


After the waking up, I got up my dad who then helped wake everyone else up. My brother Arthur and I were the most excited since we were looking forward to and planning this all year.


After waking up everyone who wanted to come with us up to the Takaka hill and putting on our snow gear (puffer jackets, gloves, head gear ect) we started packing ourselves in the car.


It took us about half an hour to get to our destination, which was a plain area surrounded by a gate of which was connected to a sudden uprise in the hill. Perfect for my sister to sled.


As everyone else was doing snow activities, my Dad and I started robbing the hill of its snow and placing it in our chilly bin. We chose the hill due to its snow being the cleanest.


As Dad was loading up the chilly bin in the car, I then decided to try to go on the sled with my sister.


After sitting down behind my sister on her sled, I had big second thoughts for I had never really sledded before. Before I could get off, my sister went forward. With the wind rushing on my face, I promptly fell of into the sled into the soft snow.


After getting up, I walked down the slope until I got to the bottom and stopped. My Dad was turned away and was not paying attention. I walked up behind him and placed a snowball in his jacket. He quickly turned around and took the snowball out of his jacket and looked very annoyed.


We then all went on a walk around the slope. With the snow crunching beneath our feet, Mum then started talking about how in a shed we could see, there was a cow that was preserved perfectly after being forgotten. It was dead of course but it was still perfectly preseved.


After finishing walking we decided it was getting too cold and decided to pack up and start driving home, being cold but very happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment