Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Check out Bloem's Recount

 


  “Ekkkk, I’m so excited! ” Bink screamed.

  “Shhh”

  “What!”

  “You were screaming, your voice echoed through the car.”

   “Sorry!” he yelled, 

   “AGAIN!”

   If you don’t know, we are driving up Porters ski field for the third   

   time. 

  

   Dad stopped the car, opened the door and got the heavy chains out of       

   the boot. He got to work by driving and stopping to fit them in.

   

   We started the long drive up the white coated hill.  

   

   I can feel the excitement in the air as we are driving up

   this monster of a hill!

   We wound up the wiggly road, it reminded me of a worm.

   

   Sometimes we had to stop because some big ford rangers were sitting 

   behind us like we were going 5 km h!

   Dad stopped, he hoonned past us, “Showoff” I said. 


  Once we were almost up the hill we saw a van…

  The van was sliping and sliding. It looked like a rock skimming on

  ice, 

  “He has put the chains on the wrong wheels!” Dad whispered 


  We had parked the car in the bottom car park because it was soo busy.

  I watched the van…

  We all gasped!

  “HIS BACK WHEELS ARE OFF THE MOUNTAIN!” We all screamed!


   But luckily he had some help to get back on track.

   “Well that was dumb”Lief exclaimed.

   “Yea” Kick said in a weird tone.


   We all got given our heavy ski boots, mine felt like bricks and I was        

   about to lay them on smooth concrete!


   I had some help put my ski boots on, my face felt as if it was as red as 

   a chile!

   

   “Aww” I yelped 

   “It feels like my ankle has broken in two” as I squeezed my leg into the 

    first ski boot.

   “Haa” dad chuckled 

   “Well it’s easy for you to laugh,” I said in an annoyed voice. 

   “Why?”

   “Because you are wearing snowboarding boots! 

   



    We had all gone through the pain of putting our ski boots on and now 

    we could all go skiing together!


No comments:

Post a Comment